Tuesday, June 1, 2010

A great weekend

Is it really sad that I feel like I'm good friends with Carrie, Samantha, Miranda and Charlotte?!

This weekend, two girlfriends and I went to see Sex and the City 2, which I'm pretty sure got bad reviews. I just don't understand it. How could anyone be disappointed by anything these girls say and/or do?

My opinion is, does the movie deserve an acadamy award? No. But was it hilarious, heartwarming, fun and very entertaining? Absolutely! The outfits, the scenery, the dialogue, the chemistry between the characters... it's all there. I don't care what the critics say, I was completely entertained for two and a half hours (yes, it's really long) and I still didn't want it to end.

Other fun things I did this weekend: I went for a long bike ride with my kids, and I took my kids to the pool. The weather was awesome, so for once, mommy actually went in the pool and played.

We also went to a really fun party at my friend Susan's house, where I met all kinds of great people I didn't know. It's funny, as I was introduced to a lot of them, they would say, "Oh, nice to meet you. I read your book." That was kind of interesting. I would say, "Thanks! Nice to meet you, too" when instead, what I really wanted to say was, "Oh my God! What'd ya think?!"

And then yesterday, I spent the day with my cutie pie boyfriend. We hung out in front of the tv, listening to the rain all day. It was nice to do nothing. Oh, except I did work on one of my manuscripts for awhile.

So all in all, I have to say, the weekend was lovely. Tell me about yours!

1 comment:

Sa Toya said...

Nice! I didn't know it was that long. My weekend...pretty crappy. I'm ill so not up to much I've even neglected my blog all week. I've only just posted something. For shame! But I'm feeling better so it looks promising.

Post a Comment