Saturday, May 15, 2010

Hook, Line and Sink Him "catching" on!

Things are certainly heating up. It's really exciting. I can actually sense the momentum building up, and starting to feel that the word's getting around about HOOK, LINE AND SINK HIM! It's so much fun!

Yesterday was an amazing day. I got invited to attend another book club, I got three emails from people who read HLSH, who told me they loved it (and they weren't friends of mine, they were people I didn't know!), and I had a lovely meeting with one of my professors from Boston University, Nancy Day, a beautiful and VERY smart woman, who is now the Chair of the school of Media Arts and Journalism at Columbia. Who would have known that this extremely intellectual, intelligent and gifted journalist was also a fan of the romantic comedy genre? See? I rest my case. EVERYONE in life has a romantic side. Don't try to tell me otherwise!

Also, the HOOK launch party is really taking shape. I just secured the place and am now in the process of putting together the gift bags! More info to come later...

Today I'm off to meet my dear friend Mike Hammernick, awesome weatherman for WGN and CLTV for lunch, and then I'm going to check out Printer's Row for the upcoming book fair.

Yes, I feel like HOOK, LINE AND SINK HIM is on a good path. The word's getting out. Fun, fun, fun!

Here's the thought I'll leave you with: "Why do guys do everything in their power to avoid confrontation at all costs? My theory is, talk it out dudes! It's so much better that way!" Let me know what you think!

1 comment:

Sa Toya said...

Wahoooo! That's good news all round...thanks for adding me as a friend on goodreads.

Im only just really getting it together lol with my book blog and being on goodreads I lurve reading and had no idea abut all this goodreads, librarything/book blogging till a few moths ago it's awesome!

I hope your book gets a lot of love Im excited about it!

Post a Comment